It’s that time of year when the weather warms up enough to open the doors and blow out the musty air that has accumulated throughout the winter months—especially if you live in parts of the US where we’ve seen our harshest winter in decades!! And while I am all for getting your space in tip-top shape, don’t forget to take a few extra moments to give your body a well deserved clean-up as well.
Now I’m not talking major detoxification diets or strenuous exercise regimens—I gave up on those years ago, but there are a few simple things you can do to slough the cold off your skin, and give your insides a bit of a boost as well. So here we go:
- Drink water with lemon every morning. Preferably warm, and you can add a dash of hot sauce if you like. Good for cleaning the liver and kidneys.
- If your skin has dried out like a prune—which mine has definitely started to look like, hah—make a great skin scrub with 1 tablespoon of brown s gar, a generous squeeze of honey, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. This is great for an easy facial scrub, and you can triple the recipe to give your entire body a fresh clean glow! Olive oil is closest to the skin’s own natural lipids, and a quick splash in the bathtub is another great way to soften your skin.
- Make this great apple breakfast. Throw a small handful of almonds or other nuts in a saucepan over medium heat. (Nuts are a good source of protein and vitamin E which is great for glowing skin.) Toast the nuts while you chop up one of your favorite apples—I love Fujis! Peel or not according to your preference. Apple peel contains the most nutrients, but I just don’t like the things so I take them off. Remove the nuts from the pan, add a dab of butter (or other oil), toss in the apples and cover the pan letting the apples simmer in their own juice for a minute or two. Remove the cover, add a good dash of vanilla extract and continue to cook the apples for a couple of minutes longer. Add the nuts, toss well and enjoy. This is especially healthy with a glass of milk, or add a generous splash of milk into your coffee or tea. This also makes a sweet snack in the afternoon when you need a pick-me-up.
- Drink tea. Any kind will do. Hot or cold it’s a great way to hydrate.
- Have more sex! You knew I had to throw this in there. Shirley Jones—of Partridge Family Fame—recently made a huge buzz on the talk show rounds when she emphasized that masturbation was her secret to staying young!! If you have a partner, go for them. If you prefer solo, enjoy some quality time with yourself. It’s all good.
If you need some hot reading material may I suggest my latest release, Master of Silk.
Red Masks, Book Two
For the ladies of the Red Masks, pleasure waits behind every door…and no one is ever who they seem to be.
Physician by day, belly dancer by night, sensual beauty Isabella Seda keeps her two worlds strictly divided—until the arrival of Zayne Saladar, her exotically handsome, widowed new patient.
Unbeknownst to the good doctor, Zayne is also an avid fan of her dancing persona, Silk, and he invites her to a night of anonymous pleasure at the BDSM-heavy Red Mask Society, no questions asked. What he doesn’t reveal? That he’s secretly hoping for happily-ever-after.
After a night of thrilling sex, Dr. Seda is faced with an ethical dilemma. Should she keep her relationship with her new patient strictly professional—or give in to the passion sparking between them?
A Romantica® contemporary erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
You can buy it here: http://www.ellorascave.com/master-of-silk.html
Thanks for reading. Gia